Acquiring a mattress is a very important furniture piece you should make because you spend a third of your time on a mattress, unless you have a tendency to sleep most of the nights in an armchair like my grandfather does. Saatva latex mattress
The seven next factors below are things you must be aware of and to take in account before you purchase a mattress because that mattress will play a major role in the quality of your sleep over night and your mood from the next day.
- Establish on a budget. The prices of mattresses much vary. If price is your primary condition you may find an cheap mattress and box spring set for a couple of hundred dollars. But I recommend purchasing the finest mattress and box spring you can afford. My first two mattress buys were based on cost and I never truly got a good night sleep. I economized and purchased a superior quality mattress some years ago. It was a great purchasing decision. I now awake feeling reposed and freshened, not tired and sore like I accustomed.
- Determine what size mattress you are going to purchase. If you are purchasing a mattress for a young boy a twin size mattress is good, but if you are a major person and there are two people sleeping in the bed I do not advise going with something smaller than a queen size bed. If you are able to afford a king-size bed and you own the room for it, I recommend it.
I now have a king size bed and it’s decent having plenty space in bed to turn around without perturbing my mate like I did once. But if you consider a full-size mattress is big enough for two people consider this: a full size mattress gives each person the same amount of bed width as in a baby crib. Queen size mattresses are the commonest size but if two people are sleeping in a queen size bed each person still has 10,5 inches less bed width than if they were sleeping by themselves in a twin bed.
The standard sizes of mattresses are: Double/Full: 54″ wide, 75″ long; Queen: 60″ wide, 80″ long; KING: 76″ wide, 80″ long; Twin: 39″ wide, 75″ long; Twin Extra Long: 38″ wide; 80″ long; California KING: 72″ wide, 84″ long.
- Examine. Test. Essay. Experiment the softness of the mattresses. Go to various stores and lay down on different mattresses. See what you find comfortable. A firm mattress isn’t always the best mattress. It depends on the individual. If you and your partner prefer different firmness levels look for a mattress that can have different firmness levels on each side. For example, I prefer a firmer mattress than my mate does so his side of the bed is less firm than mine. Comfort (as long as you are in your within the range of your budget) might be your first consideration.
- Don’t be excessively troubled about the words, firm, extra firm, and so on. especially when looking at mattresses from another manufacturers. Firmness is not standardized in the mattress industry. One of the producers “firm” mattress could in reality be firmer than another producer “extra firm” mattress. Seek for comfort and support. You want to feel cradled and assured when you lay down on a mattress. And don’t feel self-aware about going into shops and lying down on as many mattresses as you want. It is the best method to tell if a mattress is or isn’t appropriate for you. Lying on a mattress with your coat and shoes on is not going to aid you find out what mattress is appropriate for you unless you plan on sleeping in your coat and shoes every night. So take them out.
- Warranty is crucial but not as important as you could guess. A mattress with a 25 year guarantee is great, but the life expectancy of a high quality mattress is only about 10 years. You want a warranty to protect you from faults and troubles. To me a sleep warranty is more significant than a longer warranty. What I mean by a sleep warranty is that you are given a time period to try out your mattress. For instance, some stores and producers give sleep warranty of up to ninety days although thirty days is the basic. If during that time you decide the mattress you purchased is not right for you, you are able to either exchange it or return it for a refund.
For instance, when I bought my last mattress from a sleep specialty shop that custom builds each mattress (Verlo), it came with a 60 day sleep guarantee or trial period. If we did not like the mattress the store would come to our house, pick up the mattress, take it back to their factory and rebuild it for us. I liked that peace of mind. After sleeping on our mattress for a couple of weeks I decided my side was a little too firm. We called the store where we bought it and made an engagement for them to come and pick it up. The store picked up our mattress in the morning, took it to their store/factory, reconstructed it, and delivered it back lately the same day. They did this so we would not be without a mattress to sleep on.